Monday 24 December 2012

Journalist Writing

Joe J has been blowing up the UK charts with his soulful R&B new album ‘Escape’. It is safe to say that Joe J is now the UK’s new Trey Songz and has shown young and older people that no matter what your circumstances are, if you believe something, you can and will achieve it.

What does music mean to you?

Personally, music is my everything! I know it may sound cliché but it is actually true. *pauses* People underestimate the power of music, did you know that it is the only thing that can affect all 5 senses without you knowing it. I love having the power to make people feel good by doing something that I love. Music is also my get away; it is the one thing apart from God and my family that saved me.

What makes you individual as an artist?

Ermm…I think it’s the way I try to incorporate a hint of old R&B and Soul with the new to give a fresh sound. This also helps me connect with both younger and older audiences. Also, the fact that I put my all into every song I do, makes me quite individual. I’m not saying that other artist don’t give their all, however, I am a perfectionist and my all means that nothing more can possibly be done or changed to make the song better.

What do you think of the music scene in general at the moment?

To be honest, nowadays there are so many upcoming artists or just artist that want to ‘blow’. This then makes it so much harder for artists to ‘make it’ in the industry, but on the other hand, this makes artists work harder to make their music better so they can keep the interests of their targeted audience. Therefore, I feel that the quality of music has gotten way better *chuckles* apart from music legends of course.

Why exactly did you name your album Escape?

Well, basically, I wrote most of the songs on this album a few years ago when I was struggling quite a bit. *Sighs* I had just got my heart broken by my first love, who was a girl I had met at secondary school and financially, my family were struggling so as expected, I wanted to ‘Escape’, therefore giving me the title to my album. I thought I was only fitting as those moments in my life made me strong and made me the man I am today.

Are you single or Still ‘On the lookout’?

*chuckles* This is a question I seem to be getting quite a lot. Yes I am still looking for my ‘Mrs. J’, but unlike most artist, I’m looking for an ordinary girl who I can just chill with. Someone who my new fame doesn't mean anything to and is willing to love me for me. I see many celebrities go in and out of relationships like crazy, that’s not what I want! I’m looking to settle down, and hopefully find my future wife and ‘baby mama’ *laughs*

What do you prefer more, performing live or being in the studio?

Being in the studio is my favourite hobby and the way I love spending my time, however there is no better feeling than performing in front of a live audience. I get to connect with my fans and see their true reactions to my lyrics. The feeling I get when I perform is the main reason why I became a singer *pauses* the feeling is so surreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment