Monday 28 January 2013

Evaluation Question 7

7. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Looking back at my college magazine, I feel that is was more amateur looking that SUAV. This was due to the fact that I had fully learnt how to use InDesign when making SUAV and I had also done a lot of research into existing music magazines at the moment, such as VIBE (media press pack and magazine news stand task). Through that research I learnt about what types of photos I should use, i.e. have a picture of the artist making eye contact with the camera on the front cover, as previously in my preliminary task, I had my model smiling with her eyes closed. Similarly I learnt about different camera angle (not only medium close-ups) and about appropriate lighting. I also learnt that keeping to schedule is highly important as there is so much to do in this task that if you don’t, things can get difficult. Using timetoast to organise my time and work really helped me with this. Finally I learnt about how little things such as the colour scheme of a magazine can change a suit different types of audiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment